Thursday 3 January 2013

2. Stop smoking

2nd Jan 2013.

Ok, so it's a pretty obvious one, but that's ok, I still have 363 other resolutions to be original with. And this one is a hard one, or can be if you don't get your mind in the right place. It's going to hurt, but pain is good. Smoking is one of those activities we do to anaesthetise ourselves against modern life, that's why the last remaining preserves of the smoker are the poor and the intellectual (and lord help the poor intellectual). For me, I can no longer bear the cognitive dissonance of my smoking practice. It distances me from myself and part of this process is about trying to reconnect with my core being, the real me or at least one of them. I have come to feel numb, disconnected, I want my mojo back.

No comments:

Post a Comment